Audubon Bird Guide Review

 This week, I reviewed the Audubon Bird Guide in relation to the Blue Heron Nature Preserve. When I first opened the app, I liked that it had the Get to Know 20 Common Birds guide. As someone who is not too familiar with the birds in my area, it was nice that the app allowed beginners to get a good footing in bird sightings. On the main page of the app, it also has the capability to identify a bird by characteristics (size, color, type, activity, habitat, voice, wind shape and tail shapes) or by searching the bird's name in the guide. This allows beginners and experts to identify birds based on their own skill sets.



On the Explore page of the app, the map allows you view Hotspots with pings of recent bird sightings in the area. The Agnes Scott College Hotspot (below) shows the date, time, species and amount of sightings. I like that the sightings show clear images that would make it easy for me to start recognizing these birds in my neighborhood. 




If you press on one of the species (below is the Chimney Swift), it gives you the description, sightings in your region and similar species. I like the map because it shows a clear view of migration patterns and population.



When I used the app to identify birds in my area, it was very simple to identify by the characteristics and images listed. Since I am not super skilled on identifying birds based on wind shape and tail shape, I was able to utilize the color, habitat and size identifiers. Overall, I really enjoyed using this app and it helped me learn more about the birds in my area!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google MyMaps