Reflections

 I ended up learning a lot from Biodiversity Stewardship and researching the Blue Heron Nature Preserve. The Ecology Slides, Dendrology Slides, Classification Refresher and Define Biodiversity assignments allowed me to have a good foundation of biology, since I do not come from a biology background. At first, I was nervous about being behind in class due to my lack of knowledge, but the assignments made sure we all had a very useful and long-lasting understanding. The AI Tools, Mapping Tools and Nonprofit Summary allowed me to take the skills that I learned and apply them in my chosen project, The Blue Heron Nature Preserve. I feel like this class is a great stepping stone to become successful in our college career and I will take everything I learned into my future classes!


On a local level, I think that I have the skills to discuss biodiversity, mapping tools and nonprofits to my coworkers! I feel that I will be able to add a new perspective when working on disaster projects at work. On a regional and international level, I think I will be able to better help in conservation projects now that I can use different GIS tools and analyze data.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google MyMaps